Upcoming Games

No games to display

Full list
Add a game

Upcoming Events

No events to display

Who's Online

Signal VF1 - Victoria

You are here: Home > Forum > Simulations > Released > Victoria LUL > Signal VF1 - Victoria

Page 1 of 1

Signal VF1 - Victoria 10/11/2013 at 16:46 #51275
Andrew G
548 posts
When Auto Mode is selected this signal doesn't step up from White aspect to a Green aspect - see attached grab.

If you deselect the Auto option then it goes to Green.

Scrolly Mode with no ARS.

Post has attachments. Log in to view them.
Signal VF1 - Victoria 10/11/2013 at 16:55 #51277
UKTrainMan
1803 posts
Have also noticed this - I found that upon merely clicking on the signal it then steps up to a green straight away!
Any views and / or opinions expressed by myself are from me personally and do not represent those of any company I either work for or am a consultant for.
Signal VF1 - Victoria 10/11/2013 at 18:02 #51280
Peter Bennet
5360 posts
Yes the instruction to redraw occurs a "tick" before the conditions to show G are met so it does not redraw G, have found a solution.

Thanks

Peter

I identify as half man half biscuit - crumbs!
Signal VF1 - Victoria 10/11/2013 at 20:23 #51287
Late Turn
696 posts
Just out of interest, without yet having had chance to download the sim - are the trap points really facing to movements into the sidings, or is that just a space-saving quirk of the real display?
Signal VF1 - Victoria 10/11/2013 at 20:40 #51289
BarryM
2158 posts
" said:
Just out of interest, without yet having had chance to download the sim - are the trap points really facing to movements into the sidings, or is that just a space-saving quirk of the real display?
I would say that they are there to protect any opposing movements.

Barry, Sydney, New South Wales, Australia
Signal VF1 - Victoria 10/11/2013 at 21:08 #51293
Late Turn
696 posts
" said:
" said:
I would say that they are there to protect any opposing movements.

On the national network, though (and I can't see why LUL should be any different in this respect), trap points are, almost without exception, facing to movements leaving sidings (or goods lines), thus protecting legitimate movements on the passenger lines that they're protecting. If the traps really are the opposite way round here, they don't seem to do anything that the first set of facing points beyond the end of the platform wouldn't!

Signal VF1 - Victoria 10/11/2013 at 22:06 #51308
Peter Bennet
5360 posts
The plans are ambiguous as to whether the a SB train would be thrown off to the right or a NB to the right. What you have fits the space available. Having said that on re-examining the panel photos, it appears traps were not marked at all.

Peter

Last edited: 10/11/2013 at 22:06 by Peter Bennet
Signal VF1 - Victoria 10/11/2013 at 22:21 #51309
Peter Bennet
5360 posts
" said:
The plans are ambiguous as to whether the a SB train would be thrown off to the right or a NB to the right. What you have fits the space available. Having said that on re-examining the panel photos, it appears traps were not marked at all.

Peter
Actually very close study of the drawing I think what the case is that points 10B and 11B actually have three positions, Normal/Rev and middled so it traps by allowing a NB train to fall astride the point blades.

Peter

Signal VF1 - Victoria 10/11/2013 at 22:28 #51310
Harsig
16 posts
" said:

Peter
I've just had a look at the scale plans for Victoria and there are no trap points as such. What you actually have are wide to gauge points (Nos 9/10B & 11B/12), facing to trains coming out of the sidings. With wide to gauge points the two switch rails are independent of each other and can both be standing open at the same time. An example of independent switches can be seen here.http://i49.photobucket.com/albums/f257/TrogUK/W2GCvTrap-1.jpg

Last edited: 10/11/2013 at 22:30 by Harsig
The following user said thank you: BarryM